Loan Application Checklist
In general, the documentation you will need includes:
- Check for application fee
Property Information (if you already have a contract on a house)
- Purchase Agreement.
- Copy of legal description and MLS sheet.
- If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract.
- If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).
Income and Assets
- Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
For the past two years:
- Names and addresses of each employer.
- Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months.
- Estimated value of personal property and furniture.
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
- Explanation and source for deposit.
If large deposit was a gift:
- Signed gift letter (lender can supply).
- Copy of gift check.
- Copy of deposit receipt.
If you own more than 25% of a business:
- Corporate or partnership tax returns.
- Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules).
- Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
If you own rental property:
- Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
If you are retired:
- Pension Award Letter.
If you receive Social Security:
- Social Security Award Letter.
If you are counting child support as income:
- Copy of divorce settlement.
- Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.
- Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans.
- Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
- Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.
- Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).
- Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.
- Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
- Residence addresses for the past two years.
- If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
- If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.